To install Microsoft Azure integration:
Step 1: Get Subscription ID and Offer ID
Log in to the Azure portal.
From the list of subscriptions, click the subscription name.
From the subscription details page, copy the Subscription ID and Offer ID on a text editor such as Notepad.
You need Offer ID to allow OpsRamp to collect cost analytics.
Step 2: Register an application in Azure Active Directory (AAD)
Select Azure Active Directory.
Check applicable permissions to create an application in Azure Active Directory. For instructions, see the Microsoft documentation on Check Azure Active Directory permissions.
Register an AAD application.
For instructions, see Register an application with Azure AD.
OpsRamp supports OAuth 2.0 as authentication method for App registration.
Assign a role to the registered application. For instructions, see Assign a role to the application.
Click here to view detailed information on the different built-in roles, which you can select according to your requirements.
For details on a reader role, click here
Step 3: Get Tenant ID, Client ID and secret key
Select Azure Active Directory.
On the left pane, click App Registrations.
From the list of applications, click the application name. The details of the application are displayed.
Copy the Client ID (Application ID) and save it to a text editor such as Notepad.
Copy the Tenant ID (Directory ID) and save it to the text editor.
On the left pane, click Certificates & secrets > New Client Secret. For details, refer to Create a Client secret.
Enter the description, expiry time and click Add.
The Client secret is displayed.
Copy the value of the Client secret in a text editor. Copy the secret value and store it safely because you cannot retrieve it later.
You now have the subscription ID, Tenant ID, Client ID and Client secret key. Use these details to install Azure integration on the OpsRamp console.
After you have copied all the details from your Azure account, use the details to install Azure integration on the OpsRamp console.
To install Azure integration:
Click All Clients and from the drop-down list, select a client.
Go to Setup > Integrations and Apps. If apps are already installed, the INSTALLED APPS page is displayed, else the AVAILABLE APPS page is displayed.
Search for Azure app using the search option. You can also use the All Categories dropdown and select the appropriate public cloud category.
Click ADD. The Add Azure page is displayed.
Provide the details in the fields:
- Name: Provide a suitable name for the integration.
- Subscription ID: Enter the subscription ID.
- Enter the Tenant ID, Client ID and Secret key.
- Environment: Choose Azure.
In the Filter page:
Choose Any or All to match any one or all of the defined conditions for filtering
Select the options for the filter criteria:
- Resource Type: List all the supported resource types.
- Attribute Name: List attributes for the selected resource type. Attributes are resource type-dependent.
- Logic condition: Logical match criteria for search:
Ends With, and
- Value: Value corresponding to the attribute name and logical condition.
Select the required resource types.
Select the actions to be performed on the resources.
- Manage Device: Select this option such that all the discovered resources are in a managed state.
- Collect Cost Analytics: Select this option to collect projects cost details resources utilized and enter the Azure billing Offer ID.
- Stream Azure Events: Provide Azure connection string-primary key. See instructions for configuring connection string.
- Assign Gateway Management Profile: Select a gateway management profile from the drop-down list.
Click Install Agent (Linux only) if the agent needs to be installed on the device and select the device credentials.
Select Agent Type as Direct or Proxy.
If you select Proxy, then select a gateway management profile from the drop-down list.
Select the Discovery Schedule option to schedule a discovery and define the preferred Recurrence pattern.
Click FINISH. The Azure app is installed.All the discovered services are visible in the Infrastructure page under
Resources > Azure
Click Azure. The list of installed Azure integrations are displayed. You can perform actions like Edit, Uninstall, Rescan.