OpsRamp consumes your Azure events. To use Azure Event Grid, you need to select the Azure resource you would like to subscribe to, and enter the event handler to send the event to. Event Grid has built-in support for events coming from Azure services, such as storage blobs, and resource groups. Event Grid also has support for your own events, using custom topics.
- Create an EventHubNamespace in Azure public cloud.
- Create an EventHub in the EventHubNamespace which was just created.
- Enter a name for the event hub.
- Click the Review + Create button at the bottom of the page.
- In the Review + Create tab, review the settings and click Create.
- Once the event hub is created, you can see the event hub in the list of event hubs.
Create a shared access policy
Go to the EventHub created in the above steps.
Go to Shared access policies and add a Policy with the following configurations:
- Permission - Listen permission is mandatory.
- Once a policy is created, go to shared access policies and click the policy just created. You will find a primary and a secondary connection string as shown below:
- Log in to the OpsRamp account with your credentials.
- Select a client.
- Go to Setup > Integration and Apps > Integrations.
- Under Installed Integrations, select Azure.
- In the Azure Integration page, under the Discovery Profiles section, click the Edit icon to edit the profile for which you want to add the Azure EventHub ConnectionString.
- Under Perform Actions, select Stream Azure Events. Paste the connection string URL in Azure EventHub ConnectionString field as shown below:
Supported Azure Events
Azure Events - Azure Activity Log portal
Below is the list of Azure Events supported by Azure Activity Log portal:
Azure Events - OpsRamp
Below is the list of Azure Events supported by OpsRamp:
Resource Level Events
OpsRamp consumes Azure events from the Azure Event Hub streaming platform. Currently, OpsRamp supports below resource-level events:
- Resource Write Success
- Resource Delete Success
- Resource Write Failure
- Resource Write Cancel
- Resource Delete Failure
- Resource Delete Cancel
- Resource Action Success
- Resource Action Failure
- Resource Action Cancel