Network Performance Monitoring (NPM) is a critical network management technique that involves the real-time tracking and analysis of network traffic patterns. It provides valuable insights into data flow, helping organizations optimize network efficiency, detect anomalies, and enhance security by monitoring the flow of data packets within their networks.
Configure and install the integration
Follow these steps to configure and install the NPM Collector integration.
- From All Clients, select a client.
- Go to Setup > Account.
- Select the Integrations and Apps tab.
- The Installed Integrations page, where all the installed applications are displayed.
Note: If there are no installed applications, it will navigate to the ADD APP page.
- Click + ADD on the Installed Integrations page. The Available Integrations and Apps page displays all the available applications along with the newly created application with the version.
Note: You can even search for the application using the search option available. Also you can use the All Categories option to search.
- Click ADD on the NPM Collector App tile. The Add NPM-Collector page is displayed with the Configuration and Installation tabs.
- Click ADD from the Configurations tab.
- Enter the below information in the Add Configuration form:
|Name||Enter the name for the configuration.|
|SFlow Port||Enter the SFlow port number. Default port is 6343.|
|Netflow-v5 port||Enter the Netflow-v5 port number. Default port is 9996.|
|Netflow-v9 Port||Enter the Netflow-v9 port number. Default port is 4729.|
|IPfix Port||Enter the IPfix port number. Default port is 4739.|
|Resources||Provide the query to fetch the resources.|
Default query is given .
Select at least one resource from the list of resources.
For information on how to build a query, see Query Language Reference.
- Click Add.
The configuration is added and displayed on the Configurations tab.
On the Installation tab, click +ADD to create a new collector by providing a name or use the pre-populated name.
- Or, select an existing registered profile.
- You can use a gateway profile only once per configuration.
- Currently, you can use only the NextGen Gateway version 16.0.0 to install the NPM Collector.
- Click FINISH.
The integration is installed and displayed on the Installed Integrations page.
Actions on the installed application
- See Modify an Installed Integration or Application on various actions that you can perform on an integration/configuration.
NPM Dashboard Navigation
To access the NPM dashboard:
- Navigate to Infrastructure > Net Flows.
You can also access the NPM dashboard from the Infrastructure > Resources page.
- Navigate to Infrastructure > Resources. All the network devices are displayed.
- Click on Network Device from the left side of the page.
- Click on a resource link. The resource details page is displayed.
- Click the Net Flows icon available on the upper-right corner of the page.
From the NPM dashboard, you can:
- Filter the metric data based on Top N, network devices, interfaces, flow type, and time.
- View all the widgets like Summary, Top Conversations, Top Applications, Top Source Endpoints, Top Destination Endpoints, Top Protocols.
NoteThis is a feature-flag based functionality. Contact OpsRamp Support for more information.
- See NPM for more information.