A Volume Gateway provides cloud-backed storage volumes that you can mount as Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) devices from your on-premises application servers.
Use OpsRamp AWS Public cloud Integration to discover and collect metrics against AWS Gateway Volume.
To set up the AWS integration and discover the Gateway Volume resources, do the following:
- Create an AWS Integration if not available in your installed integrations. For more information on how to install the AWS Integration, refer to Installation and Configuration.
- Create a discovery profile. For more information on how to create a discovery profile, refer to Create Discovery Profile.
Storage Gatewayunder the Filter Criteria in the Edit Discovery Profile page.
- Save the discovery profile to make them available in the list of Discovery Profiles.
- Scan to discover the resources at any time independent of the predefined schedule.
- Once the scan is completed, you can view the Gateway Volume resources under Infrastructure > Resources > AWS category.
- Create a template with collector type Google and applicable for Interconnect. See Create a Template for more information on how to create a template.
- Refer to Assign a Template on how to assign a template to a resource.
- Click the Metrics tab to view the monitoring data of the Gateway Volume as shown below:
CloudTrail event support
- Configurable in OpsRamp AWS Integration Discovery Profile.
CloudWatch alarm support
|Metric Display Name
|Percent of application reads served from the cache. This metric applies only to the gateway-cached volume setup.
|Percent of the gateways cache that has not been persisted to AWS.
|Percent use of the gateways cache storage. This metric applies only to the gateway-cached volume setup.
|The number of bytes waiting to be written to AWS, sampled at the end of the reporting period for all volumes in the gateway.
|The total number of bytes read from your on-premises applications in the reporting period for all volumes in the gateway.
|The total number of milliseconds spent to do read operations from your on-premises applications in the reporting period for all volumes in the gateway.
|The total number of bytes written to your on-premises applications in the reporting period for all volumes in the gateway.
|The total number of milliseconds spent to do write operations from your on-premises applications in the reporting period for all volumes in the gateway.