A Recovery Services vault is a storage entity in Azure that houses data. The data is typically copies of data, or configuration information for virtual machines (VMs), workloads, servers, or workstations. You can use Recovery Services vaults to hold backup data for various Azure services, such as IaaS VMs (Linux or Windows) and Azure SQL databases.
Use the Azure public cloud integration to discover and collect metrics against the Azure service.
To set up the Azure integration and discover the Azure Backup Vaults resources, do the following:
- Create an Azure Integration, if not available in your installed integrations. For more information on how to install the Azure Integration, refer to Install Azure Integration.
- Create a discovery profile. For more information on how to create a discovery profile, refer to Create Discovery Profile.
Recovery Service Vaultunder the Filter Criteria in the Edit Discovery Profile page.
- Save the discovery profile to make them available in the list of Discovery Profiles.
- Scan to discover the resources at any time independent of the predefined schedule.
- Once the scan is completed, you can view the Azure Backup Vault resources under Infrastructure > Resources > Microsoft Azure category.
OpsRamp supports Azure events for Azure Recovery Services Vault. Configure Azure Events in OpsRamp Azure integration discovery profile.
See Process Azure Events for more information on how to configure Azure events.
|Metric Display Name
|Backup Health Events (preview)
|The count of health events pertaining to backup job health.
|Restore Health Events (preview)
|The count of health events pertaining to restore job health.