EMC VNXe is a line of storage arrays geared towards SMBs. OpsRamp uses UEM CLI commands to discover and monitor a EMC VNXe device.
Create a credential
- From All Clients, select a client.
- Go to Setup > Accounts > Clients.
- On the client’s Credentials tab, add the credential information.
The following describes some of the credential settings:
- Type: EMC VNXe
- User type:
- Local: Enter the username in general username format.
- LDAP User: Enter the username in domain/username format.
- LDAP Group: Enter the username in domain/username format.
- Use Password Vault: If enabled, specify
Policy Mapping, otherwise, specify a password.
- Policy mapping enables integration of a Password Manager application with credentials.
- Password is the authentication password to access a resource.
Configure and install the integration
- From All Clients, select a client.
- Go to Setup > Integrations and Apps.
- The INSTALLED INTEGRATIONS page, where all the installed applications are displayed.
Note: If there are no installed applications, it will navigate to the ADD APP page.
- Click + ADD on the INSTALLED INTEGRATIONS page. The AVAILABLE INTEGRATIONS AND APPS page displays all the available applications along with the newly created application with the version.
Note: You can even search for the application using the search option available. Also you can use the All Categories option to search.
- Click ADD in the Dell EMC VNXe application.
- In the Configuration page, enter the below information:
|Name||Enter the name for the configuration.|
|Ip Address||Enter the IP address.|
|CredentialSet||Select the CredentialSet from the drop-down list.|
Note: Click + Add to create a credential.
From the FILTER CRITERIA section, select:
- SMART: Use to filter resources based on the resource type.
- RESOURCE: Use to filter resources based on certain resource attributes.
In the FILTER BY RESOURCE TYPE section, select:
- ALL: All the existing and future resources will be discovered.
- SELECT: You can select one or multiple resources to be discovered.
- Enter the Key, Operator, and Value information.
From the Perform Actions section, choose Manage Device to set the resources as managed.
In the DISCOVERY SCHEDULE section, select recurrence pattern to add one of the following patterns:
(Optional) Under the ADVANCED SETTINGS, Select the Bypass Resource Reconciliation option, if you wish to bypass resource reconciliation when encountering the same resources discovered by multiple applications.
Note: If two different applications provide identical discovery attributes, two separate resources will be generated with those respective attributes from the individual discoveries.
- (Optional) Click +ADD to create a new collector by providing a name or use the pre-populated name.
- Select an existing registered profile, and click FINISH.
The application is now installed and displayed on the INSTALLED INTEGRATIONS page. Use the search field to find the installed application.
- (Optional), Select the Dell EMC VNXe Integration.
- (Optional), Click the ellipses and choose the View resources option.
Traps must be enabled on the VNXe resource.
To enable traps:
- Log into VNXe Unisphere.
- Go to Settings > More Configuration > Alert Settings and click Add.
- Enter the details for SNMP trap.
- IP address of the VG, port 162, and VG SNMP v3 credentials
- Username: monitoringuser
- Authentication Protocol: MD5
- Password: monitoring@123
- Privacy Protocol: None
- Click OK and click Apply Changes.
- Click Send Test SNMP Trap.
View the Dell EMC VNXe details
The Dell EMC VNXe integration is displayed in the Infrastructure > Resources > Storage. You can navigate to the Attributes tab to view the discovery details, and the Metrics tab to view the metric details for Dell EMC VNXe.
View resource metrics
To confirm Dell EMC VNXe resource monitoring, review the following:
- Metric graphs: A graph is plotted for each metric that is enabled in the configuration.
- Alerts: Alerts are generated for metrics that are configured as defined for integration.