The Roles define the access permissions of each user in your organization to each resource. You can create multiple roles pertaining to how you want to control the resources in the organization. The administrator role is the highest level that can access and control each resource. You can assign more than one role to a user or user group while creating them in your organization.
All shared dashboards assigned to any role are visible only to the assigned user with the respective role permissions. You can view the list of dashboards of the assigned role under the Shared Dashboards list.
You can access a shared dashboard only using Roles. The Partner Dashboard Shared Role and Client Dashboard Shared Role are assigned to Partner Dashboard Share Permission Set and Client Dashboard Share Permission Set, respectively.
Create a role
Select Setup > Account Management > Roles.
Enter the following information for the Role Details tab and click Next:
Name: Name of the role.
Scope: Type of user, Partner or Client. If you select Partner, enter a Description. If you select Client, enter the following informatoin and Description:
- Applied To: Select the client(s). You can assign the role to all clients or to a selected client in your organization.
- Client: List of clients depending on the option selected in the Applied To field. If you select All Clients in the Applied To field, Everyone is set as the the default selection. If you select Selected Client, select a client from the drop-down menu.
Description: Details provided to describe the role.
From the User Group Details tab, select the User Groups and Users and click Next. Click Skip if you do not want to select user groups or users. The Resource Group Details tab is displayed if you had selected Clients and the Assign Clients tab is displayed if you had selected Partners in the Scope.
From the Assign Clients tab, select one of the following three options to apply visibility of clients to the role you are creating and click Next:
- All Clients: Select this option if you want all clients in the partner to view the users in this role.
- Selected Clients: Select this option if you want the role to have the visibility of specific clients in the Client List.
The screen displays Assign Clients section after you select the Selected Clients option. Select the client from Available Clients and move to the Assigned Clients section.
From the Resource Group Details tab, select one of the following three options to apply visibility of devices to the role you are creating:
- All Resources: Lets a role have visibility of all resources in the client list.
- No Resources: Prevents the role from having visibility of client list resources.
- Resources: Lets a role have visibility of a specific resource. Resource Group screen displays Select Resource Groups and Select Resources sections after selecting the Resources option.
- Select Resource Groups and Resources: Gives a role visibility of only the selected resources in the client list.
Select resource group from Select Resource Group > Available Resource Groups and move to Assigned Resource Groups box.
For Select Resources, select a client from Select Client and device category from Select Device Type.
Select the devices and click forward arrows to move to Assigned Devices.
From the Assign Credentials tab, select one of the following three options to apply visibility of credentials to the role you are creating:
- All Credentials: Lets a role have visibility of all credentials in the client list.
- No Credentials: Prevents the role from having visibility of client list credentials.
- Selected Credentials: Lets a role have visibility of only the selected credentials in the client list.
Select client from Select a Client drop-down options. The list of available credentials of the selected client is displayed with Client Name.
Select the credentials and click forward arrows to move to Assigned Credentials.
From the Assign Shared Dashboards tab, select any shared dashboard and click Next. Assign Permission Sets tab is displayed with a list of Permissions Sets and related details. You can now restrict other users from accessing the default dashboards. Users can access only those default dashboards that are added in the Assigned dashboard section.
Select the permissions and click Save. The ACCESS DETAILS page displays the new role with the details, which you can edit by clicking the Edit option.
Delete a role
- Select Setup > Account Management > Roles.
- From the Roles page, select the roles and click Remove.
- Click Yes to delete.
The Delete option deletes roles that are no longer used.
Search for a role
Roles can be searched for by role name using the Search and Advanced Search options:
- Search: Search for a single role.
- Advanced Search: Search for multiple roles, which are typically roles that share the same criteria.