You can now set an upper limit on the volume of ingested logs. Depending on the limit, warning or critical alerts will be generated on the
logs_ingestion_size metric as stated below:
- If the limit is greater than or equal to 70, a warning alert is generated.
- If the limit is greater than or equal to 90, a critical alert is generated.
The ingestion limit notification is shown on the Logs home page once for every client per every login session if the alerts are in an open state from the start of the month.
To set an upper limit:
- Go to Infrastructure > Logs.
- On the left side of this page, click the hamburger menu icon.
- From the MY LOGS VIEWS slide-out, select the Logs Configuration.The configuration page is displayed.
- From the configurations page, select the Settings tab. The Settings details page is displayed.
- Select the LOG SIZE LIMIT tab.
- Select Enable log limits checkbox.
- Under Daily Limit, select below options:
- Daily/Monthly - Select this option, if you want to apply a log ingestion limit. By default, the Daily option is selected.
- Set volume limit - Enter a daily/monthly limit value.
- MB/GB - You can set the limit size as MB or GB.
- Once you enter the values, click Save.
The data is now saved successfully.