The following are the key specifications and configuration parameters of the Network Utilization app:
- Description: This is a fairly standard Top 10 report for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Interface Utilization for Cisco devices. It displays a time series for the Top 10 items only, followed by a detailed report for all items.
- Configuration Parameters:
- Add Query:
- Default query: The default query (resourceTypePath CONTAINS “network device” AND state = “active” AND monitorable = “true”) will be populated by default when open network utilization app. User can able to modify/delete the default query and run his specific query.
- Using an OpsQL query, you can customize the report result. If users did not select “state” and “monitorable” attributes in the query string, in that case the user selection query would be appended by default with “state” and “monitorable” attributes.
For example: if a user only selects the agentInstalled attribute, the query will automatically append state = ‘active’ AND monitorable = true
The query will look like as below:
(agentInstalled = “true”) AND state = ‘active’ AND monitorable = true
- Select Client: You can select a single client from the dropdown list. Only selected client data will get into the report.
- Select Metric Category: You can select one or more metric categories from the drop down list: Availability, Interface Utilization, Wan Utilization, Interface Traffic (kbps), Interface Traffic (mbps), Interface Error, and Interface Discard.
- Analysis Period: Supported analysis periods are: Last 24 hours, 7 days, Last month, Last 3 months, and specific period.
- Formats: Reports are generated only in XLSX format.
- Add Query:
- Supported users accounts: Partner/Client Level.
Sample of Network Utilization reports in XLSX format:
Refer to the Installation documentation on how to install and configure the apps.