Follow these instructions to download and install a gateway OVA image on a VMware ESXi Server, using VMware vSphere.
See System Requirements for more details.
Download the Gateway
- Go to Setup > Downloads > Gateway.
- In the OVA image for VMware, Xen and Hyper-V tile, click Download. This downloads OVA image OpsRampGateway.ova to your local computer.
Deploy a Gateway on VMware ESXi Server
Follow these steps to deploy a Gateway on the VMware ESXi Server using VMWare vSphere with OVA Image.
- Connect to the ESXi server.
- Click File > Deploy OVF Template.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the source location, where you have downloaded the ova file.
- Select the file (OpsRampGateway.ova) and click Open.
- From the OVA Template Details screen, verify the OVA template details and lick Next.
- From the Name and Location screen, provide a unique name to the virtual machine and lick Next.
- From the Resource Pool screen, select VG as resource pool and lick Next.
- From the Storage screen, select the storage location for the virtual machine file and lick Next.
- From the Disk Format screen, do the following and then click Next.
- Verify the Datastore and Available Space as per your requirements.
- Enable the checkbox Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed.
- From the Network Mapping screen, choose the network type that will be used to map the network in this OVA. Click Next.
- From the Ready to Complete screen, verify all the deployment settings you have chosen.
- Click Finish. A popup appears that displays the OpsRamp gateway deployment progress.
- When the deployment is completed successfully, you will see a confirmation message page.
The ESXi server displays the new virtual machine.
- To power on the machine, right click on the gateway virtual machine and select Power > Power On.
- To initiate the gateway installation, right click on the machine and select Open Console.
Activate the Gateway
Log in to the Gateway Administration Web UI using the following URL: https://<Gateway_IP_Address>:5480
Log in to Gateway CLI with the default SSH credentials.
NoteTo get the credentials, login to the OpsRamp portal, go to Setup > Downloads > Gateway.
Go to Registration and enter the following details:
- API Server: copy and enter the host url.
- Activation Token: copy and enter the activation token.
Complete the registration.
Change the default password.