Discovery is the first step in providing visibility into IT assets and their interdependencies in a hybrid, multi-cloud infrastructure by creating an on-premis or cloud asset inventory of existing resources and automatically adding new resources.
- Hybrid visibility to track physical inventory and virtual and cloud-native assets.
- Lifecycle management to optimize IT asset footprint with the right set of insights.
- A business view of the enterprise to construct a complete picture of IT service dependencies.
- Cloud cost management to track cloud expenses across your different business unit.
Basic discovered resource properties
- Operating system
- Serial number
- DNS name
- IP address
- Resource UUID
- Created by
- First created time
- Last discovered time
- Last configuration scan time
- Time zone
- OS architecture
- Build number
- Registered user
- Product key
Resource properties discovered by the gateway
- Basic device details, including operating system, make, model, and serial number
- BIOS information
- CPU processor information
- Physical disk drives
- Logical disk drives
- Network cards information
- Video cards information
- Installed applications
- Purchase date
- Expiry date and Remaining days
The gateway does not discover the resources if:
- Port 5985 is not open.
- An agent is installed on the resource.
Discovery profiles define the range of devices that you want to discover. You can create multiple discovery profiles, each for a different set of devices. Save each profile and reuse for future discoveries.
All the added Discovery profiles are displayed on Discovery and Deployment page.
- You can sort the list by clicking some of the labels on the list. For example, Profile Name, Type or Management Profile.
- You can also do multiple actions on every existing Discovery Profile. For example, view and scan, edit or delete.
The Discovery and Deployment page displays the following details:
- Profile name: Name of the Discovery Profile.
- Type: Type of protocol used for discovering resources.
- IP Range: IP address or IP range of the resources discovered.
- Discovery Schedule: Schedule set for discovering resources.
- Management Profile: Agent or the gateway associated with discovering the group of resources.
To discover the resources, schedule a scan or scan for the devices manually.
After all devices are discovered, find the devices listed in the folder path: Infrastructure Workspace > Resources > Discovered.