The Windows services helps you monitor the operating system specific services for Windows devices in your environment.
Using Windows services, you can:
- Monitor service status.
- Monitor specific or all Windows state changes.
- Generate alerts using Agent-based monitoring templates.
Use the following global template and metric name to monitor your Windows services:
- Template name: Agent G2 - Windows Services Monitoring
- Metric name: system.windows.service.status
Include service names (with comma separated) in the Value text-box while assigning the template to a device. For example,
Install the agent on the target device to run the scripts.
After the configured services are running on the target devices, view the metric graph using Infrastructure > Resources > Device Details > Metrics. The graph displays the following metric values:
- 1 - Services are running
- 0 - Services are not running
Windows services monitor alerts
View the Windows services alerts in the Alert browser. Examine the alert description to view the last modified time.