You can define thresholds in templates based on the component type.
- Agent: 7.0.0 and above.
- Gateway: 7.0.7 and above.
Define a metric threshold
From the Templates screen, click the template name.
From Monitor Template, click Edit.
From the Edit screen, click Next.
Go to Monitors > Breach of a threshold.
From the Component Threshold column, click Add.
From Edit Metric Threshold, click + Add.
Enter details for the following parameters:
- Operator: List of available operators you can use to compare the component name.
- Alert: Select the checkbox to get alerts.
- Warning Operator: Operator to compare the warning threshold value.
- Warning Threshold: Threshold value to get warning alerts.
- Warning Repeat Count: Number of times the alert threshold condition breaches before generating an alert.
- Critical Operator: Operator to compare the critical threshold value.
- Critical Threshold: Threshold value to get critical alerts.
- Critical Repeat Count: Number of times the alert threshold condition breaches before generating an alert.
This functionality is part of the agent and gateway where a Critical/Warning alert will be repeatedly sent every 6 hours if the alert state remains the same.
Starting with Agent version v12.0.0 this option is available.
Example: A Critical alert is generated on a resource once it reaches 90% CPU usage and if the CPU usage remains the same for the next 6 hours then another Critical alert will be appended to the previously generated Critical alert. The same applies to the Warning alert.
Instead of sending a Critical alert for every monitoring poll and flooding with the same alert, the agent and gateway send a repeated alert every 6 hours to reduce the alert noise. If the alert level changes from Critical to Warning or vice versa within 6 hours, the time calculation will be reset and the process will begin again.
This only works for state change alerts in which the alert state changes from Critical to Warning.